In January 2022 we introduced our 'You said - We did' posters around school. Each half term we will publish the feedback and suggestions along with how this has been responded to by the school.
We work in partnership with the children, staff, parents and governors. Please join us in this journey.
Update (January 2022)
- Communication with parents could be more streamlined. Some parents said that they missed key dates. Parents have fed back that they would like to see more of what goes on in school.
- First aid calls. A couple of parents have asked school to review the first aid calls for minor bumps and accidents.
- Introduced a more comprehensive and engaging newsletter, created in Microsoft Sway. These are sent out each half term and can be accessed in the 'Newsletters' tab. Please do take time to enjoy them and share on social media too.
- The school leadership team coordinate the content that makes it into the newsletters with a focus on promoting all future events and special days (for the coming term). These 'Dates for your diary' are in the newsletters.
- Overviews of learning are posted under each year group tab on the website.
- As per out policy we will always call if a child sustains a bump to the head. Parents are then able to make the decision to come and check in their child. All accidents are recorded.
- Did you know that 50% of Heronshaw staff are first aiders, well over the expected ration.
Here is more of the feedback that we have received from our school community.
I’m so pleased for you all that you got an outstanding result. It is all down to the hard work that the staff at Heronshaw put in and the care given to our children. I feel very lucky to have [my son] in Heronshaw. Thank you again for all you do.
Live lessons for Foundation via Zoom - December 2020
My son has had 2 busy days playing & learning with Mummy. He absolutely loved Miss Wilson’s phonics session today, running around collecting items beginning with different letters and it made his day when she mentioned his name!Thank you again for all the zoom sessions, they are fab!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thank you for the zoom sessions, my son is really enjoying them & I know how much time & effort goes into them! We really appreciate it.
Live lessons via Zoom - November 2020
My son goes to Leopard class and he is currently isolating. I just want to say how impressed I’m with zoom lessons. I’m working while my son does his lessons and it makes working from home so much easier. From what I catch it’s just perfect and makes kids to feel it’s almost the same as they would be in the school. Kids just love it especially when their teacher Mrs Ravilious does them! She is such an amazing teacher and you should be proud she is part of your team. Thank you!!!
Thanks to school and Mrs Ravilious - July 2020
I would like to inform you that my daughter will have to change school for the next academic year. We are moving to Hull because of my new job. My daughter and all of us very much liked Heronshaw school; she was always happy about going to school and we will miss the love and care we have received from everyone at the Heronshaw school. Thank you very much. We really appreciate it and special thanks to Mrs Ravilious for being such a wonderful class teacher.
A Year 2 Leaver's Email - July 2020
To Heronshaw Teachers
Thank you for helping me to learn over the past 3 years, not only have I learnt lots of things which will help me for the future but I have made lots of wonderful friends.
Keeping connected through technology during the Covid-19 lockdown - June 2020
This is the first time I've been able to watch assembly with my son. I can't thank you enough for all our efforts at keeping us all connected. You have clearly been working so hard, we are truly grateful.
Parent Thanks - June 2020
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of my heart both my children have had a brilliant education with Heronshaw as well as love and care from their teachers. We shall be ever grateful.
National Thank A Teacher Day - May 2020
Mrs Pearce and Miss Wilson are so kind, caring, reassuring and calm. They work with my son and I know he can be a hand full with out 30 other children. They all reassure mummy that he’s doing ok and are patient with him and his temper. I’m very grateful for his teachers not just in class but through out the school. Thank you