You can access our current school information via the Ofsted website here.
Our most recent Ofsted inspection took place in November 2022.
- Outstanding for Personal Development
- Outstanding for Behaviours and Attitudes
- Outstanding for Early Years
- Good for Quality of Education
- Good for Leadership and Management
Our response to the Ofsted findings
The school and governing body were all incredibly proud of the achievements highlighted in the Oftsed report. There were few recommendations that came from the inspection, however at Heronshaw the leadership team continue to strive for excellence. The professional development of staff and constant review of provision for high quality learning remains at the heart of our ethos.
- The quality of education in all non-core subjects has been developed over the years since the inspection. Subject leaders ensure that the intent is clear with pathways from Foundation through to the end of Year 1 set. The progression of skills has been developed to maximise opportunities for 'knowing more, remembering more and doing more'.
- We welcome external validation of the quality of education and have worked with Challenge Partners and experts within the academy trust. Since our Oftsed, we have had three external reviews, each confirming that the school maintains the highest of standards.