Online Safety is an important issue that we discuss at school as part of our safety curriculum.
Similar to road safety and discussions about talking to strangers, this topic is covered in all year groups at the appropriate levels for them.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has impacted everyone’s daily lives. More people are working from home, looking after children and spending time online. Now more than ever, it is important for everyone to know how to stay connected, stay safe online, check the facts and remember to take a break. Please check latest government guidance about staying safe online here.
We highly recommend that parents access the following links for advice and guidance.
- NSPCC guidance during Covid-19: https://learning.nspcc.org.uk/news/2020/may/online-safety-during-coronavirus
- Information and advice about gaming: https://www.childnet.com/parents-and-carers/hot-topics/gaming
- Is a game age appropriate (check on this site): https://www.internetmatters.org/resources/video-games-age-ratings-explained/
- How to keep children safe and happy online during Covid: https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/blog/keeping-children-happy-and-safe-online-during-covid-19
Rules for Responsible Internet Use
The school has a range of technology from laptops to tablets and has internet access to help our learning. These rules will keep everyone safe and help us be fair to others.
- I will use only my own login and password, which I will not share with others;
- I will not use other people’s files;
- I will use school devices only for school work and homework;
- I will not bring any removable electronic storage i.e. USB into school without permission;
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the internet;
- I will not give my home address or phone number, or arrange to meet someone, unless my parent, carer or teacher has given permission;
- To help protect other pupils and myself, I will tell a teacher if I see anything I am unhappy with or receive a message I do not like
- I understand that the school can check my computer files and e-mails and the internet sites I visit to keep me safe