Pupil Premium: Statement of intent
- To have high aspirations and ambitions for our children and believe that no child should left behind.
- To narrow the gaps in phonics, reading, writing and maths. These are the core elements that underpin access and success across the wider curriculum.
- To ensure that children have access to broader life experiences where gaps have been identified.
- To champion child-specific talents, skills and interests.
- Reduce barriers to learning and to support children to make accelerated progress.
- Through data analysis school leaders focus on the specific, targeted next steps for individual pupils.
- Common barriers for pupils have been identified as having less support at home, weak language and communication skills, lack of confidence, more frequent behavioural difficulties and attendance and punctuality issues. The challenges are varied and we recognise that there is ‘no one size fits all’.
Below you can access our Pupil Premium Strategy Statement. Our Pupil Premium at Heronshaw also explores further the vision and values that underpin what we do at school.