E Safety (Online Safety) is an important issue that we discuss at school as part of our safety curriculum. Similar to road safety and discussions about talking to strangers, this topic is covered in all year groups at the appropriate levels for them.
Every year we dedicate a week to focus on aspects of online safety. This week in in addition to the ongoing discussion that we have through the computing curriculum.
E-Safety Week 5th - 9th February 2018. The children will be taking part in a week of activities.
Safer Internet Day 2018 will be on Tuesday 6th February 2018. You can find out more about it here.
Here you can read the full presentation on eSafety from our parent workshops from last year.
Rules for Responsible Internet Use
The school has computers installed and has internet access to help our learning. These rules will keep everyone safe and help us be fair to others.
- I will use only my own login and password, which I will keep secret;
- I will not use other people’s files;
- I will use the computers only for school work and homework;
- I will not bring any removable electronic storage ie USB into school without permission;
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the internet;
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved;
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible;
- I will not give my home address or phone number, or arrange to meet someone, unless my parent, carer or teacher has given permission;
- To help protect other pupils and myself, I will tell a teacher if I see anything I am unhappy with or receive a message I do not like
- I understand that the school can check my computer files and e-mails and the internet sites I visit
For more information and useful tips on how to stay safe online please follow the links below.
Great site for parental advice www.thinkuknow.co.uk
Add 'Hector the dolphin' to your computer to keep safe http://hectorsworld.netsafe.org.nz/teachers/hectors-world-safety-button/
E Safety Information